Discovery Program at Skelton 4-H Center
We are proud to offer classes specifically created around young learners and introducing them to the natural world around them in a safe, guided manner. These high-energy, hands-on activities encourage self-driven learning and cooperation.
Classes include: Wonderful Wildlife, Beautiful Birds, Fun in the Forest, Amazing Aquatics, Nature Art, and more!
Discovery Program Objectives:
- To increase students’ appreciation and awareness of local natural resources
- To increase students’ awareness of connections and interdependence to the natural world through interactive, discovery-based activities
- To cultivate curiosity, critical reasoning and evaluative skills
- To promote self esteem and confidence
- To promote safe risk taking, self confidence, trust, goal setting, problem solving, leadership skills, self discovery and teamwork
For more information, feel free to contact our Outdoor Education Coordinator: email@example.com
or (540) 721-2759 ext. 253