Health and Wellness At the 4-H Center
The Friendship Retirement Community Wellness Center and Pharmacy
The 4-H Center is pleased to be the home of the Friendship Retirement Community Wellness Center. The camp infirmary is located on the upper floor, while the lower floor houses an exercise and weight room open year-round to Center guests.
Available equipment includes:
- Two (2) Lifestep Machines
- One (1) Lifecycle Machine
- One (1) Cycle Plus Trainer
- One (1) Maxicam Universal Weight Machine
- One (1) Infinity III Multi Station Training Center
- One (1) Indoor Rower
- Limited number of Free Weights
Along with the renovations of the Smith Central Activities Building, the Pharmacy was integrated into the Center's Wellness plan in 2014. During the summer, this room serves as a vital resource for our campers, boasting the following amenities:
- Fully stocked with over-the-counter medications as well as most accouterments found in a typical doctor's office
- Immediate access to one of the Center's 2 AEDs
- A recovery bed with privacy curtain
- A couch for rest and treatment
- a state-of-the-art medication storage and distribution system for use during Junior 4-H Summer Camp
- A small refrigerator, sink, and lockable cabinets for medication security
Outside of camp, this room can be used for a multitude of needs or act as a pharmacy for visiting groups.
In addition to the state-of-the-art medical facilities above, the 4-H Center employs two (2) Camp Medics each summer. The Camp Medics are typically certified EMTs or Registered Nurses and are considered on-duty at all times while campers are on the 4-H Center property.
The Camp Medics follow specific treatment procedures that are outlined by the 4-H Center's advising physician. Any treatment that is outside of the training scope of the Camp Medics is handled by local E.M.S. or other medical professionals (Emergency Room, 4-H Center's Advising Physician's Office, Eye Doctor, etc.). All medication (prescription and over the counter) is kept and administered by the 4-H Center Camp Medics. Written logs are kept for all medications administered and all treatment given. You will be contacted if your child has an overnight stay in the Infirmary or needs additional medical treatment that would be provided outside of the 4-H Center.