- The main dining hall, located in the Smith Central Activities Building can seat up to 450 people.
- The Willard Pavilion, located on the waterfront, can accommodate up to up to 150 people.
- The Open Air Pavilion, located within a tall stand of beautiful mixed hardwood trees, can accommodate up to 400 people.
We have a wonderful kitchen staff and many menu options built around the diverse needs and tastes of our many conferencing, camping, banquet, and retreat groups. All of our prices are based on our kitchen staff preparing, serving, and cleaning up after any meals involved for events.
In addition to the menu costs listed in the information packet, which are considered "conference style" rates, and include high quality flatware, glassware, and linen napkins, as well as limited table service.
We also offer reduced "camp style" options for our meals. Camp style service means that the group clears their own tables after each meal, and uses the same cups, utensils, and paper napkins that our summer camps do.
Smith Central Activities Building
In addition to hosting our Dining Hall, our Smith Central Activities Building can seat over 500 for presentations. This freshly renovated facility contains:
- 3 sound deterrent dividers throughout the large hall, allowing it to be subdivided into 4 smaller areas:
- The Black Water Room that contains the stage
- State of the art projection & sound equipment at the stage area
- 2 direct-power sources for large equipment set ups (DJs, professional bands, light trees, etc.)
- Theatrical style, dimmable track lighting to isolate the stage
- The two Peninsula Rooms that can be set up to your liking or combined to accommodate larger groups
- The Blue Ridge Room, which many groups choose to leave in a dining-style set up for the comfort of their guests
- All rooms contain both florescent and pocket lighting to provide the ideal atmosphere to groups and their guests
- The Black Water Room that contains the stage
- The Pasley Assembly Hall can be used as a prefunction area for hors d'ouvre service, cocktail hour, or group registration
- The Wiss VCE Administrative Center is isolated from the hustle and bustle and has a unique suite of amenities (including a full-size refrigerator, multiple power stations, and comfortable conference-style furnishings)
- The Friendship Retirement Community Pharmacy, which acts as the base for a full medical staff during summer camp, can be used for a multitude of purposes by guest groups. It contains a mini refrigerator, large counter area, sink, and couch as well as a bed which can be sectioned off by a built-in surround curtain.
The Welcome Center
Located at the entrance to our campus, the Welcome Center is where visitors check in, most administrative offices are located, and where we have two incredible meeting spaces that groups can use at their convenience.
- The beautiful Executive Board Room, which comfortably seats up to 25, features a large flat screen television with DVD, VCR, Sattelite TV, as well as HDMI and VGA connections. Conference calling, Polycom digital video conferencing, and custom lighting options are also available.
- The Lower Level has its own entrance and can be subdivided into two different large areas, accommodating a total of 250 guests. As with all of our conference rooms, these areas can be set up to meet your needs with desks, tables, chairs, projector screens, podiums, and more!
- Even the Smith Grand Entrance Hall can be used for break-out sessions or registration as your group arrives.
Taubman Conference Center
The Taubman Conference Center, located at the heart of the Skelton 4-H Center campus, is a well-equipped facility built for all the dynamic needs of any group.
- It can seat up to 120 theater-style and 54 classroom-style and can be set up to your needs
- Full A/V system including a projector, sound system, DVD/VCR player, projector and pull-down screen, and podium
- Ice machine, restrooms, and soda vending located in the lobby area
- Kitchenette with coffee maker, mini refrigerator, sink, and cabinets for convenient storage
- Convenient to both the Central Activities Building and the Helper-Jamison Lodge
In-Lodge Meeting Rooms
- Each of our dormitory-style lodges has a common meeting area that can be accessed without entering the guest sleeping areas. They are located in Skelton/Hancock Lodge (2), Flora Lodge, and Svoboda Lodge. Each room has comfortable lounge furniture and a television equipped with a DVD player.
- Reid Jones, Jr. Lodge contains a common room on the upper floor with a large-screen TV, gas log fireplace, and DVD video as well as access to satellite television. In addition, there are 2 conference rooms:
- Reid Jones, Jr. Upper Conference Room can accommodate up to 50 people theatre style and 36 classroom-style
- Reid Jones, Jr. Lower Conference Room can accommodate up to 120 people theatre style and 72 classroom-style
JOCO Learning Center
The JOCO Learning Center is located at the front of campus and features:
- One (1) small classroom that can accommodate up to 20 people
- One (1) large meeting room with seating for up to 85 people theatre-style and 48 classroom-style
- A Multimedia Lab featuring four (4) Dell Desktop computers equipped with professional video and photo editing software as well as DVD/CD mass duplication abilities
- A computer lab featuring twenty (20) Dell tablet computers with desktop docks, an instructor's station with dedicated tablet, LCD projector, and SMARTboard.